What is involved in it service continuity
Find out what the related areas are that it service continuity connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a it service continuity thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its it service continuity journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward it service continuity leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which it service continuity related domains to cover and 51 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
it service continuity, BSI Group, BS 25999, Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery Center, ISO/IEC 27001, IT infrastructure, Recovery Consistency Objective, Recovery Point Objective, Recovery Time Objective:
it service continuity Critical Criteria:
Debate over it service continuity tactics and look at the big picture.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about it service continuity. How do we gain traction?
– Do we monitor the it service continuity decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of it service continuity that make it risky?
BSI Group Critical Criteria:
Consider BSI Group risks and ask what if.
– In a project to restructure it service continuity outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Can we do it service continuity without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the usability implications of it service continuity actions?
BS 25999 Critical Criteria:
Illustrate BS 25999 leadership and devise BS 25999 key steps.
– What are all of our it service continuity domains and what do they do?
– Does our organization need more it service continuity education?
– How to Secure it service continuity?
Business Continuity Planning Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Business Continuity Planning risks and sort Business Continuity Planning activities.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether it service continuity goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– Are we Assessing it service continuity and Risk?
– Is it service continuity Required?
Disaster Recovery Center Critical Criteria:
Start Disaster Recovery Center goals and adopt an insight outlook.
– Is maximizing it service continuity protection the same as minimizing it service continuity loss?
– What business benefits will it service continuity goals deliver if achieved?
– What is our formula for success in it service continuity ?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Derive from ISO/IEC 27001 engagements and visualize why should people listen to you regarding ISO/IEC 27001.
– Do those selected for the it service continuity team have a good general understanding of what it service continuity is all about?
– How would one define it service continuity leadership?
IT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Focus on IT infrastructure governance and know what your objective is.
– Can we add value to the current it service continuity decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with it service continuity ?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
Recovery Consistency Objective Critical Criteria:
Gauge Recovery Consistency Objective engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does it service continuity systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving it service continuity forward?
– What are the long-term it service continuity goals?
Recovery Point Objective Critical Criteria:
Refer to Recovery Point Objective tactics and know what your objective is.
– Which remote replication mode provides a near-zero recovery point objective (rpo)?
– What is our System Recovery Point Objective RPO (how current should the data be)?
– How is the term recovery point objective (rpo) defined?
– What is our definition of recovery point objective?
– Who needs to know about it service continuity ?
– Do we have past it service continuity Successes?
– What is the recovery point objective?
Recovery Time Objective Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Recovery Time Objective adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Recovery Time Objective because they lack skills.
– Has your organization ever had to invoke its disaster recovery plan which included the CRM solution and if so was the recovery time objective met and how long did it take to return to your primary solution?
– In the event of a physical or logical disaster, what are the Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives (RPO/RTO) that you will need and they will provide?
– What is the total cost related to deploying it service continuity, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is there a it service continuity Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is it service continuity Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What is your organizations history of meeting recovery time objectives?
– What is the recovery time objective for the application?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the it service continuity Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
it service continuity External links:
IT SERVICE CONTINUITY Withdrawn Nov Longer – health.wa.gov.au
IT Service Continuity Management June 3 – itsmf.ca
www.itsmf.ca/images/fck/File/Manitoba/Leveraging ITSCM – June 3-08.pdf
14 IT Service Continuity Management xvid – YouTube
BSI Group External links:
BSI Group – YouTube
BSI Group – Photos | Facebook
Bsi Group Limited | United Kingdom | DueDil
BS 25999 External links:
BS 25999 Archives – ISO Consultants
What is BS 25999? | 27001Academy
Business Continuity Planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning Software
Business Continuity Planning (BCP) Asia
Yieldbroker » Business Continuity Planning
Disaster Recovery Center External links:
Disaster Recovery Center – Home | Facebook
Disaster Recovery Center | First Service Credit Union
Bastrop County Disaster Recovery Center – Home | Facebook
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 | IEC Webstore | cyber security, smart city
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Technology | LRQA Australia
ISO/IEC 27001:2005 | IEC Webstore | cyber security, smart city
IT infrastructure External links:
ITC540 IT Infrastructure Management PG (8)
Kostner – IT Infrastructure based on Big Data and AI
Netsol | IT infrastructure solutions | Melbourne, Sydney
Recovery Consistency Objective External links:
Synonym of Recovery Consistency Objective – Babylon
thesaurus.babylon-software.com/Recovery Consistency Objective
Recovery consistency objective – Revolvy
update.revolvy.com/topic/Recovery consistency objective
Recovery Point Objective External links:
What is a Recovery Point Objective (RPO)? – Zettagrid
Recovery Point Objective (RPO) – BCMpedia
Recovery Point Objective Definition – Risky Thinking
Recovery Time Objective External links:
What is a Recovery Time Objective (RTO)? – Zettagrid
What is Recovery Time Objective? Webopedia Definition
What is RECOVERY TIME OBJECTIVE? What does RECOVERY …