What is involved in Information security
Find out what the related areas are that Information security connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Information security thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Information security journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Information security leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Information security related domains to cover and 260 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Information security, Data Protection Act 1984, Human–computer interaction, Driver’s license, Maiden name, Multi-task learning, Network Security Services, Multi-factor authentication, Enigma Machine, Software Engineering Institute, Information security audit, Physical information security, Identity-based security, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Security level management, Internet security, The Internet Society, Pearson Education, Defense in depth, Health informatics, Information Systems, Electronic publishing, ACM Computing Classification System, Bank teller, Emeryville, California, Discover Card, Information security awareness, Palm print, Public key infrastructure, Data processing, Multimedia database, Automata theory, Information assurance, Republic of Ireland, ISO/IEC 17799, Retina scan, Antivirus software, Denial-of-service attack, File system permissions, Data breach, Access control, Computer hardware, Distributed artificial intelligence, IT risk management, Open Information Security Maturity Model, Algorithm design, Computational complexity theory, Application software, Risk management, Computer virus, Privacy engineering, Network architecture, Security bug, Mixed reality, IT risk, Amazon Standard Identification Number, Digital library, Key management, Identity theft, Network protocol, Network service, Transaction processing, Federal Information Processing Standard, Pretty Good Privacy, Theory of computation, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Mathematical software, Data-centric security, Weak key:
Information security Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Information security governance and create a map for yourself.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Do we maintain our own threat catalogue on the corporate intranet to remind employees of the wide range of issues of concern to Information Security and the business?
– Are information security policies and other relevant security information disseminated to all system users (including vendors, contractors, and business partners)?
– Is a risk treatment plan formulated to identify the appropriate mgmt action, resources, responsibilities and priorities for managing information security risks?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Does your company have a current information security policy that has been approved by executive management?
– Have the roles and responsibilities for information security been clearly defined within the company?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into law?
– Ensure that the information security procedures support the business requirements?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– How to achieve a satisfied level of information security?
Data Protection Act 1984 Critical Criteria:
Frame Data Protection Act 1984 planning and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Data Protection Act 1984 results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Information security?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Information security forward?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Information security project?
Human–computer interaction Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Human–computer interaction failures and forecast involvement of future Human–computer interaction projects in development.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Information security processes?
– Does Information security systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– To what extent does management recognize Information security as a tool to increase the results?
Driver’s license Critical Criteria:
Adapt Driver’s license issues and find the essential reading for Driver’s license researchers.
– What is the source of the strategies for Information security strengthening and reform?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Information security opportunities costing us money?
– Do Information security rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Maiden name Critical Criteria:
Grasp Maiden name issues and prioritize challenges of Maiden name.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Information security values?
– What about Information security Analysis of results?
– What threat is Information security addressing?
– What is your maiden name?
Multi-task learning Critical Criteria:
Meet over Multi-task learning leadership and find the ideas you already have.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Information security products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Information security analysis show the relationships among important Information security factors?
– How do we maintain Information securitys Integrity?
Network Security Services Critical Criteria:
Talk about Network Security Services planning and document what potential Network Security Services megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Are accountability and ownership for Information security clearly defined?
– Is there any existing Information security governance structure?
Multi-factor authentication Critical Criteria:
Chat re Multi-factor authentication planning and create a map for yourself.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Information security in a volatile global economy?
– Does remote server administration require multi-factor authentication of administrative users for systems and databases?
– Is multi-factor authentication supported for provider services?
– What are the usability implications of Information security actions?
– What are our Information security Processes?
Enigma Machine Critical Criteria:
Mine Enigma Machine management and drive action.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Information security leader?
– What are our needs in relation to Information security skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is the scope of Information security defined?
Software Engineering Institute Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Software Engineering Institute projects and improve Software Engineering Institute service perception.
– What is the purpose of Information security in relation to the mission?
– How is the value delivered by Information security being measured?
Information security audit Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Information security audit outcomes and define Information security audit competency-based leadership.
Physical information security Critical Criteria:
Adapt Physical information security tactics and catalog what business benefits will Physical information security goals deliver if achieved.
– Have all basic functions of Information security been defined?
Identity-based security Critical Criteria:
Depict Identity-based security planning and question.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Information security experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Are there recognized Information security problems?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Deliberate European Telecommunications Standards Institute quality and intervene in European Telecommunications Standards Institute processes and leadership.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Information security project manager?
– Do we have past Information security Successes?
– How can we improve Information security?
Security level management Critical Criteria:
Chat re Security level management leadership and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Security level management is getting what it needs.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Information security moving forward?
– How will you measure your Information security effectiveness?
– Is a Information security Team Work effort in place?
Internet security Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Internet security goals and correct better engagement with Internet security results.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Information security project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Information security project lifecycle?
– What are the disruptive Information security technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who will provide the final approval of Information security deliverables?
The Internet Society Critical Criteria:
Check The Internet Society risks and check on ways to get started with The Internet Society.
– In the case of a Information security project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Information security project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Information security project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Information security create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Pearson Education Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Pearson Education adoptions and describe which business rules are needed as Pearson Education interface.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Information security study?
Defense in depth Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Defense in depth planning and slay a dragon.
– In a project to restructure Information security outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Health informatics Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Health informatics tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Health informatics services.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Information security workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do we manage Information security Knowledge Management (KM)?
Information Systems Critical Criteria:
Focus on Information Systems visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Information Systems.
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– What are the principal business applications (i.e. information systems available from staff PC desktops)?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– How do we know that any Information security analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– Is authorized user access to information systems ensured?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Is security an integral part of information systems?
– How do we keep improving Information security?
Electronic publishing Critical Criteria:
Confer re Electronic publishing planning and devise Electronic publishing key steps.
– Do the Information security decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
ACM Computing Classification System Critical Criteria:
Discuss ACM Computing Classification System decisions and ask what if.
– Is there a Information security Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Can we do Information security without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we go about Comparing Information security approaches/solutions?
Bank teller Critical Criteria:
Review Bank teller strategies and overcome Bank teller skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What is our formula for success in Information security ?
– How to Secure Information security?
Emeryville, California Critical Criteria:
Meet over Emeryville, California decisions and intervene in Emeryville, California processes and leadership.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Information security strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Which Information security goals are the most important?
Discover Card Critical Criteria:
Scan Discover Card issues and be persistent.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Information security been identified and analyzed?
– Who sets the Information security standards?
Information security awareness Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Information security awareness strategies and proactively manage Information security awareness risks.
– Is there an up-to-date information security awareness and training program in place for all system users?
Palm print Critical Criteria:
Guide Palm print outcomes and mentor Palm print customer orientation.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Information security that make it risky?
Public key infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Shape Public key infrastructure issues and do something to it.
– Think about the people you identified for your Information security project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How to deal with Information security Changes?
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Consider Data processing projects and question.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Information security information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Information security with what users do day-to-day?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
– How do we go about Securing Information security?
Multimedia database Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Multimedia database management and assess what counts with Multimedia database that we are not counting.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Information security objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– In what ways are Information security vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Information security process?
Automata theory Critical Criteria:
Detail Automata theory projects and learn.
– Do those selected for the Information security team have a good general understanding of what Information security is all about?
– How do we measure improved Information security service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Information security move?
Information assurance Critical Criteria:
Talk about Information assurance outcomes and probe Information assurance strategic alliances.
– Can we add value to the current Information security decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Republic of Ireland Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Republic of Ireland adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other Republic of Ireland users.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Information security into the services that we provide?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Information security activities?
ISO/IEC 17799 Critical Criteria:
See the value of ISO/IEC 17799 leadership and finalize specific methods for ISO/IEC 17799 acceptance.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Information security project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is maximizing Information security protection the same as minimizing Information security loss?
Retina scan Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Retina scan adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– What are current Information security Paradigms?
Antivirus software Critical Criteria:
Participate in Antivirus software engagements and look at the big picture.
Denial-of-service attack Critical Criteria:
Review Denial-of-service attack projects and finalize the present value of growth of Denial-of-service attack.
– IDS/IPS traffic pattern analysis can often detect or block attacks such as a denial-of-service attack or a network scan. However, in some cases this is legitimate traffic (such as using cloud infrastructure for load testing or security testing). Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
– Is the provider able to withstand and adapt to high-traffic attacks, such as Distributed Denial-of-Service attacks?
File system permissions Critical Criteria:
Review File system permissions risks and oversee File system permissions requirements.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Information security? There might be some that are less obvious?
Data breach Critical Criteria:
Shape Data breach adoptions and devote time assessing Data breach and its risk.
– One day; you may be the victim of a data breach and need to answer questions from customers and the press immediately. Are you ready for each possible scenario; have you decided on a communication plan that reduces the impact on your support team while giving the most accurate information to the data subjects? Who is your company spokesperson and will you be ready even if the breach becomes public out of usual office hours?
– Have policies and procedures been established to ensure the continuity of data services in an event of a data breach, loss, or other disaster (this includes a disaster recovery plan)?
– What staging or emergency preparation for a data breach or E-Discovery could be established ahead of time to prepare or mitigate a data breach?
– Would you be able to notify a data protection supervisory authority of a data breach within 72 hours?
– Data breach notification: what to do when your personal data has been breached?
– Do you have a communication plan ready to go after a data breach?
– How does the GDPR affect policy surrounding data breaches?
– Are you sure you can detect data breaches?
– Who is responsible for a data breach?
Access control Critical Criteria:
Study Access control tactics and point out improvements in Access control.
– Question to cloud provider: Does your platform offer fine-grained access control so that my users can have different roles that do not create conflicts or violate compliance guidelines?
– Are information security policies, including policies for access control, application and system development, operational, network and physical security, formally documented?
– Can the access control product protect individual devices (e.g., floppy disks, compact disks–read-only memory CD-ROM, serial and parallel interfaces, and system clipboard)?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– Access control: Are there appropriate controls over access to PII when stored in the cloud so that only individuals with a need to know will be able to access it?
– If data need to be secured through access controls (e.g. password-protected network space), how will they be applied?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Information security?
– Do access control logs contain successful and unsuccessful login attempts and access to audit logs?
– Is the process actually generating measurable improvement in the state of logical access control?
– Access control: Are there appropriate access controls over PII when it is in the cloud?
– Access Control To Program Source Code: Is access to program source code restricted?
– What is the direction of flow for which access control is required?
– Should we call it role based rule based access control, or rbrbac?
– Do the provider services offer fine grained access control?
– What type of advanced access control is supported?
– What access control exists to protect the data?
– What is our role based access control?
– Who determines access controls?
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Recall Computer hardware governance and report on setting up Computer hardware without losing ground.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Information security project?
– How likely is the current Information security plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Distributed artificial intelligence Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Distributed artificial intelligence failures and be persistent.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Information security is underway?
IT risk management Critical Criteria:
Differentiate IT risk management tasks and improve IT risk management service perception.
– Roles and Responsibilities: Who are the individuals responsible for implementing specific tasks and providing deliverables related to risk management?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– To what extent is the companys common control library utilized in implementing or re-engineering processes to align risk with control?
– Which is the financial loss that the organization will experience as a result of every possible security incident ?
– Budget and Schedule: What are the estimated costs and schedules for performing risk-related activities?
– What information is generated by, consumed by, processed on, stored in, and retrieved by the system?
– To what extent is your companys approach to ITRM aligned with the ERM strategies and frameworks?
– What information handled by or about the system should not be disclosed and to whom?
– How can organizations advance from good IT Risk Management practice to great?
– How good is the enterprise at performing the IT processes defined in CobiT?
– Does your IT risk program have GRC tools or other tools and technology?
– Financial risk -can the organization afford to undertake the project?
– Will Information security deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Methodology: How will risk management be performed on projects?
– To whom does the ITRM function or oversight role report?
– How much should a company invest in security?
– How does your company report on its IT risk?
– Risk Communication what to Communicate?
– What is the Risk Management Process?
Open Information Security Maturity Model Critical Criteria:
Nurse Open Information Security Maturity Model outcomes and shift your focus.
– Which customers cant participate in our Information security domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Information security?
Algorithm design Critical Criteria:
Align Algorithm design governance and find out what it really means.
– How much does Information security help?
Computational complexity theory Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Computational complexity theory goals and transcribe Computational complexity theory as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Information security ?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Define Application software quality and improve Application software service perception.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Information security agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Information security processes of our organization?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Why is Information security important for you now?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Risk management quality and display thorough understanding of the Risk management process.
– Does the company have equipment dependent on remote upgrades to firmware or software, or have plans to implement such systems?
– Do you standardize ITRM processes and clearly defined roles and responsibilities to improve efficiency, quality and reporting?
– Do we have a log monitoring capability with analytics and alertingalso known as continuous monitoring?
– Do policy and procedure manuals address managements enterprise Risk Management philosophy?
– Are any problems that cause schedule slips identified as risks prior to their occurrence?
– How important is the information to the user organizations mission?
– Can we share data with the expectation of uniform protection?
– What risks will the organization take on new initiatives?
– Are records kept of successful Cybersecurity intrusions?
– Do our people embrace and/or comply with Risk policies?
– What can we expect from project Risk Management plans?
– Does your company have a formal ITRM function?
– What is your process/plan for managing risk?
– What rules appear frequently?
Computer virus Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Computer virus projects and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Computer virus information.
– Consider your own Information security project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– what is the best design framework for Information security organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Privacy engineering Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Privacy engineering governance and define what our big hairy audacious Privacy engineering goal is.
– What are the key elements of your Information security performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Think about the functions involved in your Information security project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Have you identified your Information security key performance indicators?
Network architecture Critical Criteria:
Read up on Network architecture management and cater for concise Network architecture education.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Information security Management?
– Does Information security appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Security bug Critical Criteria:
Consider Security bug tasks and prioritize challenges of Security bug.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Information security is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we Improve Information security service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who needs to know about Information security ?
Mixed reality Critical Criteria:
Focus on Mixed reality issues and differentiate in coordinating Mixed reality.
– Are assumptions made in Information security stated explicitly?
IT risk Critical Criteria:
Examine IT risk decisions and intervene in IT risk processes and leadership.
– Structure/process risk -What is the degree of change the new project will introduce into user areas and business procedures?
– By what percentage do you estimate your companys financial investment in ITRM activities will change in the next 12 months?
– What is the potential impact on the organization if the information is disclosed to unauthorized personnel?
– In your opinion, how effective is your company at conducting the risk management activities?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Information security?
– What information (both incoming and outgoing) is required by the organization?
– Do you have a defined operating model with dedicated resources for IT risk?
– Who performs your companys information and technology risk assessments?
– How can our organization build its capabilities for IT Risk Management?
– How much money should be invested in technical security measures ?
– Where specifically is the information processed and stored?
– Does the board have a manual and operating procedures?
– When is the right time for process improvement?
– How do you justify a new firewall?
– Risk mitigation: how far?
– Who are valid users?
Amazon Standard Identification Number Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Amazon Standard Identification Number strategies and test out new things.
– Does the Information security task fit the clients priorities?
Digital library Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Digital library strategies and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Digital library projects.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Information security does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Key management Critical Criteria:
Dissect Key management planning and acquire concise Key management education.
– Another confidentiality consideration for encryption is key management. How are the encryption keys that are used going to be managed and by whom?
– Do we all define Information security in the same way?
– How would one define Information security leadership?
– Why are Information security skills important?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Identity theft failures and know what your objective is.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
– What are the business goals Information security is aiming to achieve?
Network protocol Critical Criteria:
Study Network protocol leadership and probe the present value of growth of Network protocol.
Network service Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Network service risks and create Network service explanations for all managers.
– Is Information security Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Why should we adopt a Information security framework?
– Is unauthorized access to network services prevented?
Transaction processing Critical Criteria:
Use past Transaction processing tactics and devote time assessing Transaction processing and its risk.
Federal Information Processing Standard Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Federal Information Processing Standard projects and achieve a single Federal Information Processing Standard view and bringing data together.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Information security process?
Pretty Good Privacy Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Pretty Good Privacy decisions and assess what counts with Pretty Good Privacy that we are not counting.
– How can you negotiate Information security successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Theory of computation Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Theory of computation projects and achieve a single Theory of computation view and bringing data together.
– Among the Information security product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act projects.
Mathematical software Critical Criteria:
Analyze Mathematical software planning and assess what counts with Mathematical software that we are not counting.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Information security objectives?
Data-centric security Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Data-centric security tactics and do something to it.
– What is data-centric security and its role in GDPR compliance?
– What will drive Information security change?
Weak key Critical Criteria:
Value Weak key results and budget for Weak key challenges.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Information security Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Information security External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act – CSRC
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Data Protection Act 1984 External links:
[PDF]Data Protection Act 1984 Elizabeth Ii Chapter 35 Epub …
[PDF]Data Protection Act 1984 – legislation
The Data Protection Act 1984 (1984 edition) | Open Library
Driver’s license External links:
Unique ID: Driver’s License Calculator: Florida
Maryland Driver’s License
Maiden name External links:
Car Title In Maiden Name – Auto Title Loans
Maiden name dictionary definition | maiden name defined
[PDF]LAST NAME FIRST NAME TITLE MAIDEN NAME …
Multi-task learning External links:
[PDF]Situation Aware Multi-Task Learning for Trafﬁc Prediction
[PDF]A Multi-Task Learning Formulation for Survival …
Network Security Services External links:
Network Security Services – Mozilla | MDN
Network Security Services | Network Protection | …
Multi-factor authentication External links:
Multi-Factor Authentication™ | User Portal
[PPT]Multi-Factor Authentication for Microsoft Office 365
Enigma Machine External links:
Wolfenstein 2: How to Use the Enigma Machine – Twinfinite
Wolfenstein 2: Where the Enigma Machine Location Is
Rare Enigma machine fetches 45,000 euros at auction – CNN
Software Engineering Institute External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Information security audit External links:
ISO 27002 Information Security Audit Questionnaire
Information Security Auditor Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Physical information security External links:
Basic Physical Information Security Training – YouTube
Identity-based security External links:
Identity-Based Security Solutions | Safeguard Enterprises
European Telecommunications Standards Institute External links:
European Telecommunications Standards Institute …
Security level management External links:
SLM abbreviation stands for Security Level Management
Internet security External links:
Internet Security, Protection and Support Plans by Verizon
Center for Internet Security – Official Site
Antivirus and Internet Security Protection from Trend Micro
Pearson Education External links:
Pearson Education – Interactive Flash Cards
Pearson Education Center
Defense in depth External links:
Defense in depth – OWASP
defense in depth – Everything2.com
Health informatics External links:
Master’s Degree in Health Informatics – USF Health Online
Institute for Health Informatics – University of Minnesota
Online Health Informatics Graduate Certificate | BU Online
Information Systems External links:
Defense Information Systems Agency – Official Site
Horizon Information Systems – Horizon Document Viewer
NTREIS | North Texas Real Estate Information Systems, Inc.
Electronic publishing External links:
What is Electronic Publishing? Webopedia Definition
Electronic publishing. (Journal, magazine, 1997) …
ACM Computing Classification System External links:
The 2012 ACM Computing Classification System
ACM Computing Classification System [1998 Version] – …
Bank teller External links:
Most Popular “Bank Teller” Titles – IMDb
Bank Teller Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
Title Bank Teller Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Emeryville, California External links:
Emeryville, California Train Station (EMY) | Amtrak
AT&T Store – Emeryville, California
Discover Card External links:
Levitra Discover Card | 1stDrugstore
Discover Card: Application Submitted
Discover Card & Credit Card Offers | Credit.com
Information security awareness External links:
Information Security Awareness Program | MediaPro
[PDF]FY2018 Information Security Awareness and rules of …
www.dm.usda.gov/OBP/docs/FY2018 USDA ISA Training.pdf
NIH Information Security Awareness Course
Palm print External links:
Palm Print Shoes | Shop Palm Print Shoes at Vans
Palm Print Cotton Tote – Shop Tommy Bahama
Palm Print Cases – Online phone case design and printing
Public key infrastructure External links:
Introduction | Federal Public Key Infrastructure Guides
Federal Public Key Infrastructure (FPKI) | ID …
[PDF]The DoD Public Key Infrastructure And Public Key …
Data processing External links:
Data Processing Times – IMDb
Data processing (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Login – Southland Data Processing
Multimedia database External links:
Creating a Multimedia Database – ChessCafe.com
Automata theory External links:
Automata Theory books – Stack Overflow
6 Answers – What is automata theory? – Quora
Automata theory | Britannica.com
Information assurance External links:
Information Assurance Training Center
[PDF]Information Assurance Specialist – GC Associates USA
Information Assurance Training Center
Republic of Ireland External links:
Republic of Ireland | Football Association of Ireland
Loans In Republic Of Ireland | SameDayApproval
Retina scan External links:
What is retina scan? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Eye exam: Is a laser retina scan worthwhile? – Drugs.com
Antivirus software External links:
The best antivirus software of 2017 | TechRadar
Norton Security Deluxe – Antivirus Software | Norton
Geek Squad Antivirus Software Download | Webroot
Denial-of-service attack External links:
Understanding Denial-of-Service Attacks | US-CERT
File system permissions External links:
[PDF]Troubleshoot Windows File System Permissions – …
Data breach External links:
Equifax Data Breach FAQs | TransUnion
Data Breach Settlement – Yahoo Data Breach – ClassAction
Anthem Data Breach Litigation
Access control External links:
Linear Pro Access – Professional Access Control Systems
GoKeyless: Keyless Locks and Access Control Store | …
Multi-Factor Authentication – Access control | Microsoft Azure
Computer hardware External links:
Computer Hardware Inc – Official Site
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
[H]ardOCP Computer Hardware Reviews and News
Distributed artificial intelligence External links:
Distributed Artificial Intelligence – ScienceDirect
Distributed Artificial Intelligence, prey-predator – YouTube
IT risk management External links:
Contact Us | IT Risk Management Solutions | TraceSecurity
What is IT Risk Management? – Definition from Techopedia
IT Risk Management and Compliance Solutions | Telos
Algorithm design External links:
AutoML – Machine Learning for Automated Algorithm Design
Algorithm design (Book, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
AbeBooks.com: Algorithm Design (9780132131087) and a great selection of similar New, Used and Collectible Books available now at great prices.
Computational complexity theory External links:
Computational complexity theory (eBook, 2004) …
Computational Complexity Theory
Computational complexity theory (eBook, 1989) …
Application software External links:
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Risk management External links:
Education Risk Management | Edu Risk Solutions
Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
Risk Management Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Computer virus External links:
FixMeStick | The Leading Computer Virus Cleaner
Free computer viruses Essays and Papers – 123HelpMe
Computer Virus – ABC News
Privacy engineering External links:
NIST Examining Privacy Engineering Best Practices
Privacy Engineering | CSRC
Network architecture External links:
Network Architecture – Cisco DNA
Data Center Networking and Network Architecture …
Developing a blueprint for global R&E network architecture
Mixed reality External links:
CREAL3D | Mixed Reality | light-field
All Categories — Windows Mixed Reality Developer Forum
ProTubeVR : Vr rifle for Oculus, Vive & Windows Mixed Reality
IT risk External links:
IT Risk Management and Compliance Solutions | Telos
Magic Quadrant for IT Risk Management Solutions
Amazon Standard Identification Number External links:
Amazon Standard Identification Number – Infogalactic: …
Amazon Standard Identification Number – YouTube
Digital library External links:
AHEC Digital Library
Navy Digital Library
Welcome to ICC’s online digital library | ICC publicACCESS
Key management External links:
Steem Key Management – Steem Center
Key management models (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Key Management – Title Guarantee
Identity theft External links:
Identity Theft | Consumer Information
[PDF]Identity Theft and Your Social Security Number
Land Title: Identity Theft
Network protocol External links:
Fix: Network Protocol Missing in Windows 10
Smarts Network Protocol Manager – EMC
Choosing Network protocol TCP or UDP for remote …
Network service External links:
ICXpress Managed Network Services
Transaction processing External links:
Transaction processing systems (Book, 1991) …
Global Leader In Transaction Processing Solutions – Visa DPS
Transaction Processing: Con…
The key to client/server computing. Transaction processing techniques are …
Federal Information Processing Standard External links:
Federal Information Processing Standard security …
Pretty Good Privacy External links:
WHERE TO GET PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) – …
Pretty Good Privacy – encyclopedia article – Citizendium
Pretty Good Privacy – Wiktionary
Theory of computation External links:
Theory Of Computation Emphasizes The Topics Such As Automata, Abstract Models Of Computation, And Computability. It Also Includes Computational Complexity, P …
Theory of Computation – AbeBooks
Theory of computation (Book, 1974) [WorldCat.org]
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act External links:
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act …
[PDF]Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act …
Mathematical software External links:
What statistical and mathematical software packages …
Mathematical Software | Department of Mathematics
Mathematical Software | High Performance Computing
Weak key External links:
c# – Weak Key for DES in .NET – Stack Overflow
2.5 strong vs weak key.pdf – Google Drive